ROM Utrecht Region launches Metaverse Ventures
Investing at the intersection of tech, media and gaming for a healthy society. On 8 November, Arjan van den Born, director of the ROM Utrecht Region, launched a number of new Ventures at Crossroads, the largest startup event in the region. One of these is Metaverse Ventures.
Van den Born: “The Utrecht gaming sector has a lot to offer with organisations like Dutch Game Garden, which has provided premises for some of the Netherlands’ most talented game studios. In addition, Hilversum has been known for years for its media industry, but we don’t yet know enough about what’s going on under the umbrella of gaming and well-known media companies. There are tremendous new opportunities emerging for startups and scaleups. That’s why we launched Metaverse Ventures. We see opportunities for entrepreneurs and are happy to support them in a way that suits this fantastic ecosystem. We do this in three areas:
- Privacy by design, including data safes and Web 3.0. This is an area that allows consumers to have more autonomy over their own data and for Europe be more autonomous from the major international platforms.
- Then comes immersive content. This is about core gaming and media technologies such as XR, gamification and many ways of enhancing content. From lip syncing technology to AI.
- The final area is The Future of News. What vision can we develop together around fake news and filter bubbles? In other words, how can we protect our broad democratic values together?”
Metaverse Ventures is about investing in smart solutions from startups, scaleups and innovative SMEs that add or have the potential to add value to these themes.
Metaverse Ventures aims to support these scalable, innovative companies, which meet the requirements, with investments from the funds at its disposal.
As a startup or scaleup, Metaverse Ventures offers you:
- Capital throughout the lifecycle of the business: from TRL3 to international scaleup
- Focus on positive impact
- International network of co-investors
- Engaged investor
- Expert panel of experienced CEOs with track record
- Specific and in-depth knowledge of the different markets
- Investments of €50k to €5M
- The leading knowledge partner in internationalisation
- Connecting and partnering in the regional ecosystem
For more information, please contact the investment managers at Metaverse Ventures:
Bas de Bruijn, email@example.com
Linda van de Ven, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeffrey Williams, email@example.com