The INTERGEO Conference reflects the motto ‘Inspiration for a smarter World’ in all its facets. There is no better place than Intergeo 2023 to gain knowledge on the future of geoinformation, geodesy, and land management. Besides, it offers an excellent opportunity to connect with representatives in the fields of urban planning, disaster preparedness, environmental protection, and energy efficiency. Given the global changes to our environment and climate, a considerable amount of space at INTERGEO 2023 is being devoted to global monitoring of the Earth using satellites and ground, air, and water-based sensors. Topics will include – amongst many – smart cities, digital twins, high-precision positioning, smart mapping, and property valuation. Furthermore, the Conference overlaps with the BIM Days Germany, where Building Information Modeling reflects the importance of geodata in the digital construction sector.
The involvement of NWP partner, ROM Utrecht Region, is part of its new Earth Valley initiative, aiming at positioning the region as a hotbed for leading companies and institutions in the areas of geo-data, water management, sustainable construction, healthy living environments, and resource conservation.
- Gain new insights into various innovations within the geo-industry
- Establish new contacts and strengthen your current relationships
- Meet experts and top-level executives from around the world
- Get in touch with potential German and international clients
Netherlands Water Partnership, ROM Utrecht Region, and the Netherlands Embassy in Berlin have put together an appealing programme, with a conference visit and site visits, to make the most of your time.
This year’s 2-day programme – subject to change – will be as follows:
Monday, 9 October 2023:
- Morning – Visit to Kompetenzzentrum Wasser
Kompetenzzentrum Wasser (KWB) is the leading German agency that operates as a knowledge and research center for applied science and innovation. Their focus is on addressing crucial future issues including climate change, water crises, digitalisation, sector coupling, urbanisation, and smart cities with dedicated research, practical solutions, and inventive services. The center is well-connected with regional and national public authorities, as well as the private and non-governmental sectors.
- In a workshop setting, we will evaluate critical challenges, revolving around urban climate resilience, economic development, and integrated resource management. More specifically, we will assess the role geodata and digitalization can play in the context of current societal challenges, as mentioned above.
- Afternoon – Visit to Berlin Wasserbetriebe (BWB)
Berliner Wasserbetriebe (BWB) is the water utility for the larger Berlin region and provides drinking water and wastewater treatment services to a customer base of 3.7 million Berlin residents and businesses. Berlin is one of 23 defined “Digital Water Cities” (DWC), an initiative where ten European countries collaborate on smart solutions for water management in an urban context. Current projects include joint studies between Berlin, Paris, Sofia, Copenhagen, and Milan, where solutions are being developed in consortia of municipalities, utilities, research institutions, and innovation developers in the field of digitalization and water management.
- The objective is to explore the state of the market and how solutions presented by Dutch participants can play a role in the DWC initiative and for BWB in the future.
- Evening – Networking event and/or Joint Dinner with participants
Tuesday, 10 October
- Day Programme – Visit to Intergeo 2023
We organize thematic “Conference Safaris”, which are pre-programmed visits with various exhibitors/stakeholders around a pre-defined topic (e.g. Artificial Intelligence, Digital Twins, etc.).
- Afternoon – Networking reception. Location at Intergeo to be determined.
The programme as described above is offered free of charge to Earth Valley participants and NWP members. You can register via the form below.
If you are not a member of NWP or a participant of Earth Valley, please contact Caroline Eekhart at email@example.com.
Excluded is the mandatory day pass to the INTERGEO Conference (EUR 50,- per day or EUR 120,- for a 3-day pass), travel & and lodging, and VAT. You can book your INTERGEO ticket here.